Have you ever got confused because the battery icon missing on Windows 10? Yeah, that event makes many people get panic because you cannot see and check the battery percentage. It dangers for your PC or laptop. You might be astonished when your PC suddenly turn off without a warning? It may cause damage to your system and you might lose the task that you are working on. Moreover, you have not saved it yet or rare to save as soon as possible. Do not let it happen and restore a missing battery icon in Windows 10 immediately.
Restore the Battery Icon Missing on Windows 10 with Reactivating the Icon
In fact, restore the battery icon is easy and available in some ways. One of them is with reactivating the icon on the taskbar. By the way, pass 5 steps below to see it again:
- Open Setting by pressing the Windows + I button simultaneously.
- Continue to Personalization and click on it
- Go to the taskbar settings under Personalization.
- Find the Turn on the icon or turn off the system icon below the Notification area.
- Activate the button next to the Power icon.
Sometimes, the battery icon missing occurs after you upgrade the window system. It might be from the Windows 7 or 8 to Windows 10. Find the solution below with disable and enable the battery hardware:
- Disable the hardware:
- Open Device Manager from the press the Windows key + X Select Device Manager.
- Search for the Battery category and expand from 2 options. It is Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Battery Control Method or Microsoft AS Adapter
- Select the Microsoft AS Adapter by right-clicking and continuing to select Disable.
- You will also right-click on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery and choose Disable.
- Enable the hardware:
- Turn US AS Adapter back on by right-clicking the icon and selecting Enable.
- Turn Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery back on and select Enable.
- Reboot your computer.
Fix your Motherboard Driver to appear the Battery Icon
When you missing it, the problem might be on your motherboard. So check it and fix with these instructions:
- Scan your computer.
- Update Driver Chipset or your motherboard.
- Reboot your computer.
To be honest, there is still one more way to fix the battery icon missing Windows 10. You can do this by checking Windows 10 updates. You only need to begin from the Start button then to Settings. Next, head to Update & security and click Windows Update. Finally, click Check for updates. It is so simple too to do. Okay, share your experience if you know another way to fix it.